You remember the MS-spasms I am suffering from? I thought they almost left for good, thanks to the meditation, but like an old friend does sometimes, they started to show up again to show me I am not forgotten and bother me around bed-time quite bad.
I am constantly analyzing and trying to improve. 4 days ago I started a rather convenient but new point to my longer and longer daily schedule. I started walking in the mornings. Just 15 to 20 minutes, but without my longtime companion “the walking stick“.
Several reasons for picking up walking again
I learned much about the importance of walking and realized I didn’t walk anymore since… well, since I am here. Its too easy to just jump on my scooter, taking the security of walls, pressing against trees and so on…
Recently I noticed my left leg seemed thinner than the right and thought about it
When I watched a youtube-video about the benefits of walking, I started to understand. Why my left side is loosing its balance so often, why my left side is generally weak, why the muscles on my left leg were decreasing more and more. I guess it was all because I didn’t use my left leg. To me the answer on most of this all lies in my not-walking.
Since 15 months I am here in Bali now. I left my safe European home, left any medical support I could get in Germany, hung out strictly with local people to learn from them why Multiple Sclerosis basically doesn’t exist in Indonesia and how to fight my disease.
I am about to move to the rather remote island of Sumba in July and this are the facts helping me so far the most:
- Daily meditation helps me better than anything else against spacicity
- Daily yoga helps me with the pain in my back and the general physical coordination
- physical exercises from this youtube-channel are good for basically everything
NEVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT!
- Meditation is super-important and helps my mind
- Yoga is great and improves my bodies wellbeing (and also supports my immune-system btw)
- I love my food – it tastes great and more and more I realize what I have done to my body for so many years (btw I eat meat maximum once in a week now and I don’t miss it at all)
- Jamu is a really affordable and tasty health booster (just look at the immune-powers of turmeric)
- The acupuncture feels surprisingly good to my chronically aching back and is very affordable. I haven’t had it really on my list yet.
- I am happy I never trusted too much in modern medicine, I realized and learned what a huge money-making-industry it is
Is it true? A very friendly and quite young man has putten around 25 needles in my body, told me to relax and wait 35 minutes. Then he left the “cabin”. Around me just a language I roughly identified as Chinese and some rather unidentifiable sounds. Afterwards an assistant(?) removed the needles and I paid 200k Rupiah to the man stitching the needles all over my body.
Sounds like Acupuncture, right?
Darn right. It was the second acupuncture-treatment of my life and even though it hurried a bit, it feels… well… quite
okay good so far.
What you CAN`T see
…are the needles in my head, in my legs and in my arms. Lets pray for the higher cause!