You remember the MS-spasms I am suffering from? I thought they almost left for good, thanks to the meditation, but like an old friend does sometimes, they started to show up again to show me I am not forgotten and bother me around bed-time quite bad.
Since 15 months I am here in Bali now. I left my safe European home, left any medical support I could get in Germany, hung out strictly with local people to learn from them why Multiple Sclerosis basically doesn’t exist in Indonesia and how to fight my disease.
I am about to move to the rather remote island of Sumba in July and this are the facts helping me so far the most:
- Daily meditation helps me better than anything else against spacicity
- Daily yoga helps me with the pain in my back and the general physical coordination
- physical exercises from this youtube-channel are good for basically everything
NEVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT!
- Meditation is super-important and helps my mind
- Yoga is great and improves my bodies wellbeing (and also supports my immune-system btw)
- I love my food – it tastes great and more and more I realize what I have done to my body for so many years (btw I eat meat maximum once in a week now and I don’t miss it at all)
- Jamu is a really affordable and tasty health booster (just look at the immune-powers of turmeric)
- The acupuncture feels surprisingly good to my chronically aching back and is very affordable. I haven’t had it really on my list yet.
- I am happy I never trusted too much in modern medicine, I realized and learned what a huge money-making-industry it is
I am tired of all the compassion I am trying to spread around the people I love. No! Its more accurate to say “I am exhausted by all the compassion…”
I know how important it is to be compassionate. Being compassionate to others and being compassionate to myself is very important for healing. At the moment I feel like there is not much more I can give. I am exhausted.
One of the key-sentences of Guruji is:
“Self-acceptance is the key to healing” – I think he is very right. Looking inside myself confirms it as often as modern western science does. Just google for it to understand.
It’s much more, it’s the sum of it all together. I don’t want to call it holistic, because it’s not, but the mind working together with the body, is important and finally I am starting to feel a bit(!) better.